Thank You For Answering The Call
PIN – The People and Information Network recognizes the selfless acts of volunteers across our community who have answered the call to volunteer in support of our community during the pandemic.
Food security, mental health, virtual volunteering, random acts of kindness and more, volunteers continue to have impact. National Volunteer Week 2022 theme is ‘Volunteering Is Empathy In Action’. Every single act of kindness is #EmpathyInAction that builds momentum, builds community connections and resiliency.
Needs in the community did not stop for COVID, they grew. Volunteers did not hesitate to support food packing, delivery, answer the distress line call, actioning agility to move programs and services online – volunteer contributions continue to provide essential services to meet community need.
While the pandemic has shown us the darkest of days, volunteerism continues to act as a beacon of light, of hope and inspiration. Thank you.
Volunteerism is taking action every day in our community. Supporting family, friends, neighbours, strangers, advocating for an equitable society, eliminating mental health stigma, taking action against climate change, poverty and racism and so much more. Volunteers bring heart and by volunteering, you are shaping the kind of community where you want to live, work and play.
As we build forward together, volunteerism is essential in our collective road to recovery.
Wondering how you can help?
- On PINnetwork.ca, formal volunteer roles and community organization needs are updated regularly to evolving needs.
- Subscribe to our weekly e-listing of volunteer opportunities.
- Create a profile on our database for opportunities that match your interests now and in the future.
- Watch our social media pages; Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter for updates.
Immediate volunteer needs:
Unhoused and Food Insecure Population:
- Guelph Food Bank– Client Services Volunteer
- Guelph Community Health Centre – The SEED – Packing, Warehouse, Delivery
- HOPE House – Harvest of Hope, Clothing and Food Markets, Reception
- East Wellington Community Services – Volunteer Bus Assistant, Adult Day Program Volunteer and Volunteer Driver
- The Elliott – Recreation, Friendly Visitor, Virtual Music, General Store & More!
- VON – Meals on Wheels Volunteer- Delivering Meals
This is part of an ongoing blog series to celebrate National Volunteer Week from April 24-30, 2022