Register for the Volunteer Managers Network
The 2016-2017 Volunteer Managers Network lineup is now available for you to check out and registration is open! This year the network will be focusing on trends in volunteering, mental health awareness, presentation practice and much more.
The network meets on the first Tuesday of the month from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm. Each meeting is hosted at a different venue across Wellington County and car pooling can be arranged.
Still wondering why you should join the network? This is what participants listed as the top reasons why they found the network a valuable experience.
- A chance for continuing your education and keeping tabs on trends in volunteer management.
- Generate and share new ideas. Plus there is a wealth of knowledge in the group, which is a great resource.
- Building connections with the Volunteer Centre and other volunteer managers.
- A practical way to build community and support one another.
- A way to generate ideas to advocate for the field of volunteer management and your role.
New participants can try their first meeting at no cost and each year the network makes two scholarships available. To be considered for a scholarship, Volunteer Managers must submit an application and all attachments on, or before, September 6th, 2016, to the Volunteer Centre.
Have a question? Contact Chantal at [email protected] for more information.
We look forward to seeing you this upcoming September!