New to Volunteering? Volunteer Guides and more!
Contributing through volunteer involvement is good for you and great for community.
Recent Statistics Canada 2018 General Social Survey on Giving, Volunteering and Participating (GSS-GVP) in 2018, about 8 in 10 Canadians volunteered their time; “79% of Canadians aged 15 years and older reported volunteering, either as part of an organization or on their own without the involvement of a group. Altogether, 24 million people contributed to improving the health, well-being, education and safety of the Canadian population and enhancing Canadian communities.”
Volunteers are a powerhouse fueling nonprofits, charities, the causes they are passionate about and tackling issues like the Sustainable Development Goals – climate change, zero hunger, gender equality as example. As a volunteer you can make a difference:
- People – you, your family, your friends, neighbours, community, the world. When you volunteer, you are helping yourself and those near and far.
- Place – when you volunteer, you are making a decision to take action on the kind of community you want to live, work and play in
- Potential – as a volunteer, potential blooms. Potential for you to meet friends, develop skills, hone your specialty, affect change. Potential to bloom, instill hope and create meaningful connections.
Since 2001, PIN has been the local hub of volunteerism in Guelph Wellington. We believe everyone has the ability to contribute in a way that is meaningful to them. If you are new to volunteering or are looking for your next volunteer experience. Please find the following resources:
With thanks to the leadership and support of United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin, please find the following volunteer guides with ideas on informal and formal volunteering.
And there is more!
Volunteer Canada hosts tips and tools to help you explore volunteer involvement.
- Take the Volunteer Quiz
- Learn about Volunteer Etiquette
- Develop your Passion!
- Take the Skills Self-Assessment
And yes, there is more! We can help.
Search PIN’s portal of volunteer opportunities, create a profile, sign up for weekly e-listings or engage with us on social @PINnetworkGW
Call us at (519) 822-0912. Email at [email protected]