Food4Kids Guelph – Job Posting
Job Posting – Program Administrator
Food4Kids Guelph is a registered charity in its third year of operation. The charity’s vision is that no child in our community should go hungry. Its mission is to provide healthy food bags for children from severely food-insecure homes to take home from school on a Friday, to help nourish them through the weekend, and to provide alternative family support (such as grocery gift cards) when schools are closed.
The charity was founded, developed and is currently run by a committed team of volunteers. We have grown to the stage where we need a part-time program administrator to support running the program and to assist with various activities.
• 15 – 20 hours per week
• The primary job location is Food4Kids Guelph at 503 Imperial Road N., Unit 5.
• Many of the job tasks can be performed remotely and on a flexible schedule
• Rate of pay is $18 – $20 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications
Your role will be a foundational one for our team. You will consult with our team through weekly meetings and informal check-ins. This a great opportunity to grow with the organization and make a difference in our community.
If this sounds like you, read on!
You are keen to contribute to our mission of closing the weekend hunger gap.
• are a self-starter who wants to make a difference
• have at least 3-5 years’ administrative experience
• are very comfortable using a computer and learning new technology
• have experience working within a team environment
• are able to multitask and keep on top of requests, responding quickly to inquiries
• can troubleshoot problems and propose process improvements
• are flexible and able to adjust as priorities change, managing your own time
• have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• are able to create written summaries of meeting decisions and checklists of to-dos for
others to follow
• have a valid driver’s licence and vehicle
• Ensuring that our program data is kept up-to-date, accurate and confidential
• Assisting with fundraising initiatives and growing our donor base
• Coordinating marketing activities such as social media postings, newsletters, website
content management, development of marketing materials
• Providing administrative support for multiple team members, as required
• Closing dates for submission – Friday, April 16, 2021
• Notification of Selection for Interviews– on or before April 30, 2021
• Virtual interviews beginning – May 4, 5, and 6 2021
• Job offer – by May 14th, 2021
• Job Starting: June 1, 2021 (Negotiable)