Community Info FAQ

How do I find phone numbers and addresses for community groups?

You can type in the organization you are looking for in the ‘find’ field in the Community Information Database.

Where do I get a new health card, birth certificate, or passport?

Service Ontario provides new health cards, birth certificates and answers all driver license inquiries in Guelph.

What are the accessible transportation options in Guelph and Wellington County?

Find out more about Guelph City transportation services. 

Who provides waste management resources and where can I pick up compost?

In Guelph, the Waste Resource Innovation Centre is your source for discarding waste, recycling and picking up compost for your garden. In Wellington County, the Waste Facilities operate one active landfill site and five transfer stations that take almost any material that a landfill will take, but in smaller quantity.

What are the locations and hours of the closest Walk-in-Clinic to me?

We have information on local medical walk-in-clinics including their address, telephone number, hours and a brief description of their services.

What neighbourhood groups exist near me?

You can find our listing of neighbourhood groups and information about their boundaries, activities and contact information here.

I cannot find the information I am looking for. Now what?

We can help you find the information you need. Email us and start the conversation, or give us a call at 519-821-0632. An Information Referral Specialist is available Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm. If you call outside of office hours, please leave us a message.

How do I find a doctor in Guelph and Wellington County?

Are you new to Guelph or searching for a new family doctor? Visit Doctors Accepting New Patients in Guelph Wellington to find out more about how to obtain a family doctor.

How do I find affordable housing in Guelph and Wellington County?

To find out more about Wellington County’s affordable housing options, eligibility criteria and how to apply, visit Wellington County – Housing Services.