Family Day! #DoGiveShareGW
Family; your immediate family, extended family, friends that are family.
Family can come in many forms and are unique to each of us.
Making the choice to volunteer as a family can be a powerful experience. To connect over a shared experience, create traditions and memories, show compassion, kindness and the power of human spirit can act to build and strengthen family.
As a family, you can take stock of what is important to you, what you are grateful for and how you can share that with others informally by spreading random acts of kindness or formally through established volunteer roles with nonprofits and charities.
To celebrate Family Day, PIN is pleased to share a free resource to get started volunteering as a family with young children! We believe that everyone has the ability to contribute to their community through volunteering. By instilling the spirit of community and service, young minds and hearts will grow in what it means to volunteer.
Click here for your free Family Day Resource!
Regardless of how family looks for you, volunteering together is a connector. Need ideas? We can help!
In Guelph Wellington, there are many ways to get involved as a family, here are a few:
- Start a community garden and donate the harvest
- Host a food drive and deliver to the Food Bank (Guelph, Centre Wellington), Chalmers Community Services Centre, East Wellington Community Services
- Collect journals, art supplies and puzzles and share with Guelph Wellington Women in Crisis.
- Volunteer as a Coldest Night of the Year family and raise money and awareness with HOPE House
- Plan a neighbourhood garage sale and donate process to the Guelph Neighbourhood Support Coalition
- Foster a Pet with Pet Protect Guelph!
- Volunteer with the SEED Emergency Food Delivery
- Share your love of cooking with Immigrant Services Guelph Wellington
- Become a Snow Angels Family!
- Share your love of music! Does your family sing or play an instrument? Music is a universal language; even during COVID, your family could do a zoom sing along with local senior care communities or volunteer to do a live via zoom performance. Residents at The Elliott, The Village of Riverside Glen, St. Joseph’s Health Centre and Wellington Terrace would love that!
- Keep your favorite park clean; with gloves and a garbage bag, collect trash and place in the proper receptacle.
- Plant trees!
- Dog walking as a family for a neighbour in need.
- Make no-sew t-shirt tote bags for local nonprofits and charities
- Love to make, fix and grow? Get involved with the Guelph Tool Library
- Want to inspire and bring messages of hope? Volunteer as a family with the Guelph Community Health Centre’s Notes of Hope
- Do you have the drive to volunteer as a family? Perfect! Volunteer driving is a great way to connect as a family and provide care to a cause by delivering food. Learn more here.
Click here for formal volunteer opportunities for families; this list is updated regularly.
Keep connected with PIN on social media @PINnetworkGW, tag us and use #DoGiveShareGW!