Business Officer Opening at PIN
PIN is a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people, ideas and information to empower nonprofit organizations and community members to grow and prosper. We require an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to be our Business Officer. Responsible to provide stewardship and accountability for key business functions of the organization, including:
Financial responsibilities: bookkeeping and reporting, AP and AR, managing service contracts, receipting and assisting with budget and cash flow monitoring, grant applications, insurance and tax filing.
Human Resource responsibilities: reviewing and reconciling of payroll reports, monitoring employee benefit program and assisting with organizational compliance with relevant legislation.
Administrative responsibilities: taking minutes, filing, office supplies purchases and assisting in meeting preparation and statistics collection.
- Desired qualifications include a post-secondary education in bookkeeping, business or office administration
- Proficiency in accounting
- 2-3 years experience in the non-profit sector
- Strong working knowledge of computers and proficiency with Sage 50 (formerly Simply Accounting), MS office, internet, email and office equipment
- Experience taking minutes
- Professional; diplomatic with a high degree of discretion
- Flexibility, including ability to manage multiple requirements
- Excellent communications and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation and a team player
This position is 15 hours per week at a rate of $25/hr. No benefits are currently offered apart from 2 weeks paid vacation.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by Tuesday, April 30th, 2019 to: [email protected]