BestMatch (formerly Best Practices in Volunteer Screening Program) aims to ensure appropriate volunteer screening policies and practices are in place in organizations that serve vulnerable populations.
The Program provides education and one-on-one support to local community benefit organizations about the appropriate use of volunteer screening tools.
- Volunteer Screening Tools
- Volunteer Screening Policy Development Tool
- Policy Development for your Volunteer Program
- Volunteer Role Design
- Police Record Checks Reform Act (PRCRA) – contains details of why and when PRC are used, the levels of PRC and disclosure of youth records
- Please visit Guelph Police Service: Obtaining a PRC in Guelph
- Please visit the OPP website for information on obtaining a PRC in Wellington County
- Please visit the RCMP website for more information on criminal record checks.
- Did you know? It is an offence to request a vulnerable sector check if the position does not meet the requirements of the Criminal Records Act. Learn more here.
- 2012 Edition of the Volunteer Screening Handbook
- Best Practices Guidelines for Volunteer Screening
- Volunteer Canada Screening Main Page