Newcomers on Board
Research shows that diverse boards are more effective decision-makers, innovative thinkers and have stronger board governance. As our community diversifies and welcomes more new Canadians, it is important that all governing boards benefit from the experiences and knowledge that newcomers bring. Newcomers on Board is a new pilot program that matches newcomers living in our community with non-profit and corporate boards of directors and municipal committees, where they can share their skills, ideas and passions.
The program is now accepting interested Boards/Committees and Individual participants.
This program is for you (individuals) if:
- You are a new Canadian or recent immigrant living in Guelph and Wellington
- You are ready to volunteer your time and share your skills, ideas and passions
- You want to be involved in improving and strengthing the community
- You are fluent in English
Or, this program is for you (boards and committees) if:
- You are looking for the next phase of growth for your organization
- You have good governance processes in place
- You are open to participating in free training to welcome new Canadians to your team
Training is provided and there is no cost to participate. Please contact [email protected] for more information or to express your interest in participating in the program.